Dear ASPE Members – We are pleased to make this simulation-themed edition of ASPE News available to members and friends interested in staying current with the constant forward motion of our association.
After attending the IMSH conference in February for the first time in my SP Educator career I was inspired by the work being done; particularly the work in simulation that includes collaboration with SP Educators. We at ASPE News look forward to continuing the inclusion of the wide range of simulation education work as it becomes available. This is a large edition but we were loathe to leave out anything related to simulation . We hope you can find time to cuddle up with your computer and enjoy the extensive content.
Stay tuned for the June edition of ASPE News when, in addition to lots of pre-Atlanta conference information, we will share an interview with INACSL president, Valerie Howard .
Thank you for allowing us this opportunity to serve the ASPE community,
Valerie Fulmer, Editor- in-Chief
- Standardized Patient Affinity Group Report from SSH by Kris Slawinski
- Committee Reports:
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Educators – An Update by Jennie Struijk
- Interviews with ASPE Members on CHSE Committee by Jennie Struijk
- New Interprofessional Education PhD Program – Jim Carlson by Tim Webster
- First National Simulation Program: How Sim Implementation from the Past Applies to our Future by Angela Blood
- Call for Materials – Kent State Press
- Web-based Simulated Patient Network Educational Modules By Tracy Morrison and Debra Nestel
- An April Fools Treat by Kris Slawinski