Dear ASPE Members,
Welcome to the new ASPE News monthly newsletter format. The Publications and Website Committee is thrilled to be moving to a web-based format that will allow us to communicate with members more frequently, in a timelier manner, and most importantly, to hear back from you.
Some of the current changes include:
- A monthly email to members with updates from the ASPE News editors and/or the ASPE Board, and the link to the current edition.
- Ongoing coordination with ASPE Social Media, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Scoop.it.
- The majority of ASPE articles are now accessible to the public, so we aren’t “hiding our light under a bushel” anymore! Content will be searchable and available to help attract new members and to share with colleagues. Authors may also link their articles to their own websites and online CVs.
- Protected just-for-members content will still be available via links to the ASPE website, as will our near-decade of archives.
- Upcoming regular features include: research article moderated discussions, select content from the archives, and ongoing updates from ASPE committees, Member Liaisons, and Special Interest Groups.
We hope the new ASPE News format makes it easier for you to “keep your finger on the pulse” of ASPE and we welcome your feedback.
Jennie Struijk, Chair, Publications and Website
Valerie Fulmer, Publications Editor
Assessing Students with SPs: What’s Ahead? by Karen Lewis
Our First ASPE Conference By Katherine Adams and Shelby Marx
Grants and Research Committee Research Annotation, September 2011 By Cate Nicholas
Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH) Accreditation Update by Kathy Schaivone
Member News September 2011 by Angela Blood
Media Watch September 2011 by Judy Marraccini