ASPE Website & Social Media Committee: ASPE News Update
By Angela D. Blood, Rush University Medical College
Hello! As many of you are aware, the progress on the ASPE website has not been steady. Our committee members, and ASPE members in general, have been frustrated with the slow pace of progress and it’s been an ongoing problem for quite a while.
Finally, we are making real progress. The ASPE BOD asked for a hard and fast deadline this July from KW, our management firm, and we are seeing real results. It is gratifying to see the countless hours of effort from ASPE members finally paying off in a truly functional and useful site and I wanted to share some of the updates with you.
- The Board of Directors (including Past Board of Directors) pages have all been updated with appropriate names, dates, and photos: http://www.aspeducators.org/node/50
- We have an automated application process to ASPE Committees and SIGS! You can apply online using the form at: http://www.aspeducators.org/node/73
- The history of ASPE has been re-written, with both a condensed and expanded version: http://www.aspeducators.org/node/48
- The SP Programs Around the World page has been updated with some new graphs to show just how diverse we are: http://www.aspeducators.org/node/82
- Past ASPE conference programs are now available as hyperlinks: http://www.aspeducators.org/node/84
- The Mentor Request Form is now automated online for members: http://www.aspeducators.org/node/111
- Additional past webinars have been posted in the Virtual Learning Center: http://www.aspeducators.org/node/2898
- The ASPE Terminology and Glossary have been combined so that all relevant information is in one place: http://www.aspeducators.org/node/157
- The Virtual Library submission form is up and running! If you would like to submit your materials for publication, check out the form: http://www.aspeducators.org/node/add/files
- Past documents are being added to the Document Resource Bank. For example, there are three different templates available under “Cases and Case Development.” Check out the Document Resource Bank here: http://www.aspeducators.org/node/151
- Past issues of the ASPE Quarterly, ASPE News, and the latest ASPE e-News are available here: http://www.aspeducators.org/node/156
- Request credit for the ASPE Scholars Program online: http://www.aspeducators.org/node/97
Please note that the Jobs Board (http://www.aspeducators.org/node/47) is still active and there are current postings available. If you know of someone who may be interested and qualified, please refer them to this members-benefit.
All of these edits will be very useful to ASPE members, and I want to thank Bill King and Melanie Dixon from KW for pushing this forward now, and the Board of Directors for supporting my effort to push hard for a functional website.
There are some aspects of the website which still need attention, so our immediate goals include:
- Completing the upload of documents and resources to the Virtual Learning Center, including the Document Resource Bank, webinars, and past issues of the ASPE Quarterly.
- Completing the upload of past conference programs.
- Adding a survey to capture member publications.
- Adding an SP page.
Once again, I wish to extend my thanks to the Website and Social Media Committee members:
Now that we’re finally approaching our goals set in 2012, we can start looking to the future. If you have any suggestions for new functionalities or pages to the website, please feel free to either email me directly (email@example.com) or join the Website and Social Media Committee here (http://www.aspeducators.org/node/73)!