I wanted to wish the very best for the New Year, and share with you how honored I feel to represent you on the Board of Directors (BOD) over the next two years. I have had the privilege of being involved with Standardized Patients since 1973 and it continues to be such an exciting methodology and profession for me.
Over the past year as president-elect I have been impressed with the dedication, commitment, and range of activities the BOD is actively pursuing and has accomplished. I am very excited to be a part of this dynamic group of SP Educators. I look forward to working with the BOD and committees to accomplish the following ASPE goals and initiatives:
- Focus on our membership and member services by actively exploring various venues for the membership
- Continue to provide a professional and quality annual conference
- Become the known authority on “all things SP” for current and future members, in outside societies, academia, and the public in national and international programs and institutions.
- Identify current practices to work towards standards of practice
- Promote interest in scholarly work and scholarship in everyday educational activity
- Develop strategies for continued communication with the membership to include, along with to our monthly newsletter, regular correspondence from the desk of the President.
In addition to the goals and initiatives listed above I know many of you have heard of the certification process that the Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH) has been working on over the past couple of years. The ASPE BOD will be working closely with SSH as they develop this certification for Certified Healthcare Simulation Educators (CHSE) and we will keep you informed on this project.
Finally, I would like to thank Karen Reynolds for her leadership, dedication and unending energy. ASPE is a better organization thanks to her Presidency. I would like to reiterate Karen’s encouragement for you to become more active in ASPE by joining a committee or running for a BOD position.
My best always,