While you’re in Indianapolis experience these great attractions!
by Carrie Bohnert
5 minutes west by foot – the Canal District
- Walk or run along the River Promenade
- Rent a bike and ride through White River State Park
- Stroll through the sculpture garden at Indiana State Museum
- Check out the Ansel Adams exhibit at the Eiteljorg Museum
5 minutes east by foot – the Wholesale District
- Sample wines at PEARings
- Grab a steak at the Weber Grill Restaurant
- Shop ‘til you drop at Circle Centre Mall
12 minutes northeast by foot – Monument Circle
- Check out the home of many of Indy’s arts groups
- Try bacon-flavored candy and a cherry soda from Rocket Fizz Soda Pop & Candy Shop
- Sample treats from the South Bend Chocolate Company
- Enjoy a cocktail at The Libertine Liquor Barn
- Grab a meal at Paradise Bakery & Café, Giorgio’s Pizza, Fast Burrito, Rock Bottom Brewery, or 36 East Irish Pub
20 minutes northeast by foot – Mass Ave Arts District (Massachusetts Avenue)
- Before you leave Indy, you MUST have pizza at Bazbeaux. The favorite of pizza connoisseurs.
- Window shop in the district’s boutiques and galleries
- Try a prohibition cocktail at “ball & biscuit,” named one of America’s Best Bars by Esquire magazine.
Take a cab to Broad Ripple for Indy’s best variety of local restaurants, bars, and boutiques
- Broad Ripple Brewpub
- Greek’s Pizzeria
- Noodles & Company
- Hubbard & Cravens Coffee Co.
- Fire by the Monon
- Girly Chic Boutique
- Rusted Moon Outfitters
- Broad Ripple Vintage
- City Dogs Grocery